Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cut And Come Again Lettuce

I love the name of this type of lettuce.  They could have called it replicating, or regenerating, or duplicating lettuce.  But instead it's a simple "cut and come again", which tells you exactly what to do.  You cut it.  You come again.  You cut it.  You come again.  You cut it.  You come again.  Yep, 3 times.




This is the mesclun mix that I planted early on in the same pot as my brandywine tomato.  I planted it June 6 so it's been about a month.  It was a little early to harvest since the leaves were not as big as I would have liked, however, they were getting pretty tall and leggy.  Next time I will plant them in a separate container rather than with the tomato.  The salad I ate last night was pretty good, but a little stemmy.  (In case you didn't know, this means that there were lots of lettuce stems in my salad.  Probably more than would be considered desirable. )

No comments: