Monday, June 15, 2009

Is the Garden in Yet?


Almost.  The vegetables that I had from the garden center are all planted.  Tomorrow I'll put in the seeds.  Then I'm sure I'll need to take another trip to the garden center - there may be room to squeeze in one more cherry tomato plant.  And maybe an eggplant?  The time consuming part of a container garden seems to be the transporting of the potting mix.  It's quite heavy to bring from the car, around the house, and up the stairs to the deck.  Then the soil has to be scooped into the pots until the bag is light enough to pour.  I may have to think of a different plan next year to save my back. 
Here's the lineup of pots.  Tomorrow I'll give all the details about what is actually planted.

Here are the herbs, the strawberries that you already saw, and in the background will be the English peas climbing up the teepee.  There's a chili pepper there too.


Spring container vegetable gardening has its challenges - time to relax!  

No comments: