Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Progress in the Garden

I'm almost ready to pick my first cucumber - this is Boston Pickling cucumber.


The cayenne peppers are turning red. We already tasted them in a spicy omelette the other night, and they are definitely hot.


The first pea pods are forming. Who says that you can't plant peas in mid-June? Here in Michigan the hot weather may never arrive, and you can have peas all summer long!


The Dusky eggplant has blossoms...


And there are plenty of green tomatoes, but I'm still waiting for one that I can eat!


4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I have a great (easy) recipe for sun pickles - they taste just like Claussen!

Stacey said...

Great! Please send it to me or post it here because I have a feeling that soon I'll have a lot of cucumbers!

Hilda said...

Harvested my first cuke last week, here in the desert! We also use the same pesto recipe. Yummy. Saw your folks today and your mom clued me into the blog. Fun! Auntie Hilda

Stacey said...

Hi Hilda! It's great to hear from you! I'm glad you like the blog. I hear that it's been really hot out there!